Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The mutant returns

I'm really bad at this whole "motivation" malarkey. It's so often these days that I just can't be bothered to do things. I barely create any more. I've been too caught up in things like work and other people that have resulted in any spare time I have being wasted by inanity and such-like. This is not what I want. While I don't wish to abandon the new things in my life (though it may not be my choice when it comes to certain things), I don't want to lose what I used to do. I want to write again. I want to play music. I want to feel the satisfaction of doing something I'm proud of. I want to be myself again.

This blog is quite obviously one of those things I've neglected. There's been Alice references all over. Some I have forgotten about. Some I neglected to make a note of (I know there's one in American Gods by Neil Gaiman, but I didn't mark the page and it's an extremely long book to search through). This is what I have left.

Alice in popular culture sighting no. 115: More stumbling brought me to a page full of art by Kurt Wenner. One being this piece featuring Alice and the white rabbit.

Alice in popular culture sighting no. 116: Overheard in New York furnished me with this very odd conversation.

Alice in popular culture sighting no. 117: This IRC quote features a username of "Haigha", which is the name the March Hare goes by in Through The Looking Glass.

Alice in popular culture sighting no. 118: An arcade/trivia machine in a local Leicester pub offered this game of "Triple Towers Solitaire", which is obviously Alice-themed. Alice is looking exceptionally busty for a child. I also have no idea who the young guy is meant to be (possibly the Knave of Hearts).

Alice in popular culture sighting no. 119: I was watching the '80s TV adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy earlier and was reminded of the slogan for Milliways, "If you've done six impossible things this morning, why not round it off with breakfast at Milliways—the Restaurant at the End of the Universe!".

Alice in popular culture sighting no. 120: Finally, another picture from Rachel. This time of a bookshop named "Through The Looking Glass".


Oh wait, a couple more from Twitter:

Alice in popular culture sighting no. 121: @wilw There's a perfect Cheshire Cat moon out right now, with just the faintest Earthshine in a darkening sky. So beautiful.

Alice in popular culture sighting no. 122: @zoetica Best morning in weeks. Coffee status: hot, black. Z status: Cheshire grin.